Friday, December 16, 2011

Life.

I feel like it is absolutely ridiculous that we work our asses off, only to be dealt the cards that say "pay all of your bills, spend all of your money, have no fun/time for yourself". I know I bitch about money a lot, but it used to be something that I had a plethora of - it was much easier when splitting all bills with someone...but since I no longer have that luxury, it's kind of kicking my ass. I don't really love it - but at the same time, I don't want to live with anyone (roommate, girlfriend, etc.) so I guess I will just accept the consequences and keep it movin'. Diamond Dog and I gots all we need. I guess it's just hitting me extra hard because work messes with our paychecks in December, and I have to Christmas shop still. Yikes! I wish I had to motivation to get a second job, but I really don't think that I can deal with that and handle everything else. Hopefully going back to school will help.

I emailed 3 different PhD programs at VCU yesterday: social and behavioral health, counseling psychology and special education/disability policy. I can't decide which one I'm most interested in - and I can't express how much I am NOT looking forward to taking the GRE for admission...I was hoping my MAT combined with my Master's degree would suffice, but no dice. Oh-well...rules are rules :)

I'm interested to see how the upcoming Presidential show down shakes out. I think it will be really interesting to see which candidates end up being teased out on the republican side. I'm excited - this is going to be a very pumped up year.

My 2nd annual Christmas party is tomorrow - I'm so excited to see my friends and to just relax and enjoy good company. Due to the constant running around/gym/work/whatever, I feel like I don't get to see/spend much time with my friends - the guest list includes some super winners :) Should be around 25-30 folks here...I can't wait...my apartment is totally decorated. I love that when you look out the guest room you see the entire sky line lit up through the lights that are inside my own window. It's very pictureesque. Festive festive festive! I can't wait to see Christmas lights next week with Morgan - we've decided to tackle south side tacky lights since I've seen the ones in the West End countless times. I'm stoked.

Happy Friday, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment