Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ouch.

So! I'm currently laid up with a thoracic sprain - my hunch is that I did this while in kickboxing class and possibly aggrivated it while laying the wrong way on the couch. Regardless, it hurts like a bitch. I've been watching the news and keeping up with infos in the world...and have the following to say:


RE: Michaele Salahi
This woman is out of her mind. First of all, who crashes a white house dinner? In response to her and her husband's poor behavior, she is rewarded with a spot on the housewives nonsense...which I personally think is the stupidest concept ever. Now she is "kidnapped" - I take issue with this because she continues to receive positive attention for negative behavior - which, due to the nature of my job, I think is awful. Only in America would this happen. I have some semi-personal experience with these 2 - which I promise is not positive. Also, they seem relatively boring and insignificant to the world in general. In addition, I think that Neal Schon needs to check his head - does he also need additional attention?

RE: Inappropriate status updates
I don't necessarily care about every single detail about everyone's life on my facebook. It has come to my attention recently that there are a loooooooooot of people on my news feed who put up waaaaaaaay too much information for all to see. It falls in to my same belief that famous folks use their status to say some pretty dumb shit. For instance: my recent (and unfortunate) hearing of Kat Von D saying "nothing is forever, not even tattoos" really?? Wow. I swear if I were famous I would use my powers for good and not for stupid. Anyway, I feel like if you're going through a break up or a whatever, it should be kept a touch more private...hence the reason I got a twitter account where no one really follows me - it's my bitch session outlet and am very selective of who gets to follow me so as not to over share. Tighten up, folks.

RE: Thoracic Sprain
This shit is for the birds. My back (upper, between my shoulder blades) is absolutely killing me. I'm having trouble moving around to do everyday sorts of things - I can definitely say I'm annoyed. The Dr. at the urgent care place first said she was concerned that I have meningitis because I had random spine pain - way to freak me out. I immediately googled the symptoms (gotta love my droid) and quickly realized that, unless my blood work stated differently, I did not have meningitis. How scary though?? As a result, I took a half day off yesterday and the day off today.

RE: America's Got Talent
Congratulations to Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. for his win on America's Got Talent! While I think this man is EXCEEDINGLY talented - does Vegas really need another Frank Sinatra inspired singer to fill its halls? I doubt it. It's like having another Wayne Newton or Elvis. I personally would have loved to see Team iLuminate win because I feel like this is a new, fresh and innovative act that would have drawn a lot of fans and attention....but what do I know? I'm just 1 person...although I did do my part and vote 10 times like a good fan ;)

RE: Michelle Bachmann
Ohhhh Michelle...we meet again. Your most recent statement about HPV causing mental retardation is pretty damn ridiculous. Although I understand that you're dead ass wrong, you never cease to amaze me with your blatant stupidity. I have to say - Michelle and Sarah Palin are neck in neck for my two favorite train wrecks. Although they both make me equally embarrassed to be a woman, they're pretty entertaining. I found a great website that outlines 10 of the craziest things Michelle Bachmann has ever said . A great read if you have the time. I truly hope that she gets the republican nomination...it would just be a winning situation for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment