Wednesday, July 9, 2014

One.

Today is day one of my commitment to a new way of living. It started with 6hrs of sober, uninterrupted sleep which I got to prolong because I was off today - SCORE! It took a bit of convincing myself to get up and go to the gym but I did and did an hour on that damned elliptical. I hate that thing. I actually hate the gym in general but what I hate more is not sticking to a commitment I made which was to go to the effing gym. Here's the deal - I've never been athletic. I love to dance, and I like to move - but I don't have that "get trained" mindset ingrained in me. So what I'm really trying to do is get my body healthy....I'll never do a marathon or even be able to run (damn knees!) but i do recall a time when I was thinner and felt better about myself and so why not make that a goal - just to feel better? It was 96 degrees today when I got to the gym and I worked out in my usual (black, VCU sweatpants....yes, pants....I'm not comfortable with how I look in other workout gear).

I then took the dog for a 2 mile walk and as a result, worked out just .2 miles shy of a 10K. How's that for a Monday? I mean - I owned it :) for the most part. I'm so excited about work tomorrow - I'm sitting on an interview panel and those are always so amusing. Some crazy people apply for jobs :) 

3 things that made me happy today:
1) watching Greta (my cat) go all bananas for no reason
2) accomplished what I set out to do
3) got to spend good quality time with Diamond Dog 
Bonus: I had amazing key lime pie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment